- .5 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup lard
Stir vinegar into milk and let sit. Sift together flour and salt. Cut lard into flour mixture until particles are pea sized or smaller. Stir in milk. Divide dough in half and let sit.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- .25 cups flour
- 4 cups chicken bouillon (I use sodium-free)
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning (Mrs. Dash or similar)
- 4 boneless chicken bgreasts, cooked and diced
- 3 cups cooked diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked diced white potato
- 1 cup cooked carrot coins
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup peas
- assorted other vegetables to taste
Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan. Whisk in flour. Add chicken bouillon and chicken seasoning and cook until thick, stirring nearly constantly.
Combine chicken and vegetables in a large bowl. Add sauce and stir until chicken and vegetables are thoroughly coated.
Roll out half of crust mixture and place in lightly floured pie plate. Add sufficient chicken mixture to fill plate (reserve leftover chicken mixture for another meal). Roll out second half of crust and cover pie, crimping edges. Cut vents and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
(Note: I tend to use recipes as guidelines, increasing or decreasing chicken and vegetable quantities based on what I have on hand and what kind of mood I’m in. Experiment, by all means!)